Thursday, August 6, 2015

Antiquing in Napa Valley ~

Antiquing in California is different than antiquing in Ohio.  Probably like the difference between antiquing in Ohio to antiquing out east.  We went to several large malls with hundreds of dealers.  What they consider antique is MUCH different than what I consider antique.

This is one of the treasures I did find.  An old foot warmer for what I thought was a really good price.   It is missing the inside tray and I'm assuming the knob is an old replacement, but since I'm not a purist, that is okay :) I sure hope it fits in my "personal carry on" because  I don't think it will fit in the suitcase.

I'm still finding it very difficult to post from the iPad, but I'm trying.  I wanted to add a couple more photos, but finally gave up. 
   I guess I'm just a quitter . . . lol.  I see that one of the photos is gone.  GGGRRR.  I will try to add again and it won't let me justify
like I want.  I hate being so challenged.




I give up.  iPad wins.  It is not doing anything I want it to do.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

14 comments:

acorn hollow said...

oh that will come in handy this coming winter.
Cathy

susan hemann said...

what a lovely piece! I never did go antiquing while I was there.

Julia said...

An interesting piece. It looks kind of big for a suit case. Might have to ship it home.
I've never saw a foot warmer before but sure could use one in the barn this winter. haha. Probably would set the hay on fire. That would warm things up for me, eh!
Take care, Hugs.
JB



Kim said...

That is such a great piece. I don't think I have ever seen one before.

Farm Girl said...

That is cool, if I saw it in an antique store I don't know if I would have known what it was.
I am so glad you went antiquing. Do you find things more expensive here than in Ohio?

The Eveningstitcher said...

You are so right....antiqueing is WAY different in the west than in the midwest....I love your foot warmer!

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Lauren, love the old foot warmer, great find. I to have problems posting my blog on my iPad, will never let me post pictures.... Blessings Francine.

BumbleBeeLane said...

Great find! Yes interesting to see what is popular in other area's. When we travel I see alot of mid century.Warm Blessings! Amy

Saundra said...

I've never seen one of those, interesting. Just a couple more days left so you've lots of fun to have before you leave.

WoolenSails said...

Very fun find. I never blog unless I have wifi for my laptop, too much trouble and thinking;)

Debbie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
So happy you found a treasure!! I love foot warmers and yours is a nice one! I have found some really wonderful things since I moved out here that have been great prices so I guess you just need to keep a watchful eye out for those gems!!
Have a safe trip home!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
woolwoman said...

sounds like you are having a super time in Cal. I'm sure everything is quite different there. be safe and don't let that Ipad whip ya ! Enjoy Mel

Raymond Homestead said...

Nice find! It's so aggravating when those electronics aren't cooperating!