Sunday, November 22, 2009

Killer Dust Bunnies ~ ~ ~

Welcome one and all and thank you for stopping by. It was another beautiful day today on Ohio's north coast. We are getting spoiled here, but I'm sure we're in for a rude awakening soon! When out on a walk with Eema, we came across a yard where violets were blooming. I intended to go back and get a picture, but forgot all about it until just now :( I do miss my mind!
Once again I mowed the lawn ~ easier than raking or blowing the leaves. It was so nice to be outside.
Yesterday I spent the day with Alice ~ A Day in the Life Alice. She hosted a Rug Rave in honor of Heather Ritchie's 65th birthday. You can read what it's all about it on Alice's blog post of October 1. We had a yummy lunch ~ Alice made the best potato soup ~ and others brought meatballs, salads, and of course, a birthday cake. The rest of the day was spent hooking. I am working on a Christmas present, so I have nothing I can show you.
Since I played yesterday, today was a busy day. I didn't realize how long it had been since I swiffered, but once I saw the dust bunnies, I knew it had been a long time. My niece and her family are coming from Chicago to spend Thanksgiving with us and they stay with me, so I thought a clean house would be nice...lol! What a great tradition. They've been coming for over ten years. My mom will be so happy to see them. My son is also coming in from Vegas and it will be wonderful to see him ;-)
I hope everyone has the happiest Thanksgiving ever, spent just how you like it!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

2 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Lauren ~ thanks for your nice post! We did have a great day, didn't we? I didn't realize your son was coming home, too ~ sounds like a busy weekend and I know you'll have fun! I have a friend who says "if you don't disturb dust, no one knows it's there!" Keep that in mind if you don't get it all done!!

Kim said...

I tend to agree with Alice. A home without a few dust bunnies is just a house! I would rather live in a home!