Wednesday, June 13, 2018

My Bags Aren't Packed ~ but I'm Ready to Go!


Greetings :)

Today is the day.  Grandson Jake, four pumpkin rolls and I are heading west to Las Vegas.  Thankfully we don't need to leave for the airport until 5:30 pm because I've waited until the last minute to pack.  Some things never change.

I snagged a group picture from Facebook of all of us that visited Sister Mary St. Patrick (nka Sister Marian Coughlin) and thought I would share.


I know some of you will find this hard to believe, but I really am a homebody and these back to back trips are about killing me.  Knowing this trip is to visit my #1 bad boy makes it all worthwhile.  I spoke with him the other night and he, too, is excited about our visit.

I figured I'd better post the last of the California pictures :)  I just have to share the flowers.  They were all so gorgeous and I've never seen so many roses.  They must love the weather there.  Well, in going through my pictures I realize I didn't take as many as I thought I did, but believe me, the roses were just wonderful.
 




 
I've never seen these before.  They had to be at least 10-12 feet tall.
 
Growing wild

Next to a house


The upper portion was covered in purple flowers
 
 
In the ladies room at the winery.  Just beautiful.
 
 
That's all folks.  Will tell you all about my trip upon my return.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

8 comments:

Saundra said...

Those are some tall plants; do you know the name? Am envious you visited wine country in California. In the 3 years we lived in Northern California we never visited. boo hoo. Am sure you son will give you a hug before AND after receiving the pumpkin rolls.

marly said...

Those plants are aliens. But the orange and white flowers are spectacular. Safe trip girl!

Earlene said...

Have a good trip Lauren!!!! I need to catch up on your posts!
Your probably on your way to the airport right now.
Hugs!!!!! Safe travels

acorn hollow said...

enjoy your son, safe travels
cathy

Julia said...

I had to enlarge the photo to find you hiding in the back.
Well, you could have fooled me, you a homebody? You're always on the road...

I hope that you really enjoy your visit with Bill and that you have a great family time with good weather. I hope to see some photos of your visit.
Have a safe trip.
Hugs, Julia

Farm Girl said...

Have a fun trip. I hope you just have so much fun.
I know you will have such a great time.

Prims By The Water said...

What are those large purple alien flowers? Have a safe trip in Vegas. Janice

Margaret said...

That is so cool about the trip to visit Sister Mary! Loved seeing all the pics from your last post and this. Hope you have a good trip -- I hear you on the travel, but it's worth it!