Friday, August 18, 2017

NOT a Foster Failure ~


A foster failure, in rescue parlance, is when the person fostering a dog adopts it.  Cheeri has already been adopted, not by me but by the next best thing.  DSO was immediately smitten and has already adopted her.  I think it is a match made in heaven.  (I must admit though.  If he hadn't adopted her, I would have.)  This is the official adoption picture.  I think they are both looking pretty happy.


Her rescue name for microchip purposes will always be Cheerilee, but she has a new name.  Ernestine.  OK, stop rolling your eyes please (but I did the same thing) and I will explain.  Remember Laugh In?  Lily Tomlin snorting/chortling as the phone operator?  DSO says that's exactly how she sounds, hence the name.  It is a mouthful for such a little thing :)


Son J and grandson Jake left today for Tennessee to see the solar eclipse.  Viewing is better there than in Ohio.  They are going with J's friends and trailering the motorcycles.  J and Jake are looking forward to riding through the mountains.  That means I get to watch the granddog Kali.  Her mouth is just not big enough for her tongue . . . lol.



I was at Sauder Village Wednesday for day one of rug week.  I'll have lots of pictures to share in another post.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

22 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love every picture! You can't help but smile back at all those sweet smiling faces. Bless you for taking such good care of these four legged babies. Paddington, my little silver Poodle, and I are so happy for everyone.

Jennie in GA said...

I just knew it. So happy for DSO and Ernestine! Now you have to get another foster. In the meantime, enjoy Kali. Sounds like a great adventure for J and Jake.

kelley said...

Wonderful news! she does look irresistible...and DSO sure looks happy...

marly said...

That was quick! What a great photo. Best wishes Ernie, Teeny, Ernestiney! Congratulations.

Patti said...

Oh I am so happy for Ernestine!!! Love those smiles in the first picture!!!!
Blessings, Patti

Jacqueline said...

Looks like a great match.

Julia said...

Ernestine it is and a lovely name and she looks like she belongs with your partner. The name Ernestine means , serious and determined.
People with that name desire stable and loving family so it should be the same for pugs. That little cute pug is lucky.
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures from Sauder.
Hugs, Julia

Betsy said...

Wahoo congrats on your new fur child. Wishing you lots of slobbery kisses and happy ever after

WoolenSails said...

That is such a sweet photo, they look so happy together, a perfect match. Kali looks like she is happy to spend the time with grandma, lol.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

They look like they were meant to be. So sweet. Cannot wait to see pics of rug fest. Janice.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Ernestine is adorable ! Lucky you.
Lucky her !
Rose

Angela Tucker said...

Everyone looks so happy! Ernestine and DSO are the perfect match. And yes, now for a new foster... LOL

Saundra said...

So glad you don't officially classify yourself as the 'foster failure', lol. And lucky you to enjoy the benefits of DSO's choice to adopt. They look adorable together.

village folk art said...

Awww Kali, you are beautiful even if tongue is large. Ernestine is adorable and I see a resemblance with DSO. Great match.

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Not sure who looks happier Earnestine or your SO. Looks like they are both very happy Earnestine has found her fur-ever home!

Jo Ann said...

I knew this would happen as soon as I saw the picture of DSO and Ernestine a.k.a Cheerilee. Such a perfect pair !

acorn hollow said...

Now that is two happy faces! can't wait to see your post from Saunders
Cathy

moosecraft said...

Soooo cute! :-) Congrats!

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad your new foster dog has a home. That is such a cute picture! I like Earnestine better too, I love Kali! What a pretty face she has. It must be that she looks so much like a Border Collie. At least you got to go to Sauder for one day. I bet you had a great time. I hope you have a lovely Monday. We won't see very much of the eclipse.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
That first picture says it all!!!!! Adorable!! It looks like mutual love!!!
So very happy for all of you!! Love the name Ernestine, too!!!
Your grand pup is so sweet and seems like a happy girl, too!!! Hope your two "boys" have a wonderful and safe time and looking forward to seeing your pictures of Sauder!
Take care and enjoy those sweet pups!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Unknown said...

They look like they were meant to be. So sweet. Cannot wait to see pics of rug fest. Janice.

พี่มากพระโขนง

Larkrise garden girl said...

It looks like a match made in Heaven!! What a cute picture. Hugs cheri