Thursday, February 22, 2018

Now Why Didn't I Think of That?

 
I was not too happy with the handle on my Rebekah bag, but said that I would probably learn to like it.  Several blog friends suggested that I coffee stain it.  DUH!  I don't drink coffee, never have, but I keep a tub of coffee for stain in the fridge.
 
Before . . .

 
 
After . . .  MUCH better.  Thanks to all who suggested it.

 
 
In November of 2013, I posted that my proddy tool had gone missing. 

 
 I didn't realize it had been missing for 4+ years.  I knew it had to be in the hooking room ~ somewhere ~ so I would not buy another one.  ($35 and up depending on the site.)  Guess what I found the other day?  You guessed it right.  The proddy tool.  In with cross stitch.  Whodda thunk?  Organization is not my forte.
 
Winter has returned to northern Ohio but that was to be expected.
 
Been binding, cross stitching, hooking.  Will share soon.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

That's hilarious that you found that proddy tool in amongst your cross stitching! I love your wool applique bag and the handle looks much better stained....

acorn hollow said...

good fix for your handle. Glad you found your proddy tool. It is amazing what we unearth in the wooly mess.
Cathy

Jacqueline said...

Now I would call that a great day!

Julia said...

I love what you did with that handle. It looks so much better on that cute, cute bag.

What a strange place to keep your proddy tool, with your cross stitch but it make a great story. I'm so glad that you found it. It brings a smile on my face. 😊

HUgs, Julia

Saundra said...

Har har...similar to my issue with the camera yesterday. Yup, coffee or tea stain was the answer and guess you are a happy camper now.

Three Sheep Studio said...

What a great fix !!
I love finding things that have gone missing for years !
Rose

Angela Tucker said...

Much nicer. SMILE I use walnut crystals to "primitive-up" projects. I've tried coffee and tea, but just haven't had much luck. I don't think I do it right. LOL

Farm Girl said...

Well what a good day! I do love that handle now, and I wouldn't have thought of it and great job on the proddy tool!
Has it been 4 years? My goodness, I remember when you lost it.
I am so sorry winter returned, Winters days are numbered. Have a nice evening.

Prims By The Water said...

Glad you found your proddy tool, but what is it? Also can you give me the Etsy site you buy your linen from...Bob deleted my email from you. Please send to my email primsbythewater@yahoo.com. Thanks friend! Janice

WoolenSails said...

Love the handle, really blends well with the wool.
I am sure i will find things I forgot about when I dig through my stash, lol.

Debbie

Margaret said...

Well I guess it's good you didn't buy another proddy tool. lolol!

susan hemann said...

I like the bag handles that you dyed. I totally understand about your proddy tool,
for 6 months I could not find my key to the exercise room. I looked everywhere. Last month it was time to dust the mail sorter, so I took everything out. Guess what I found. Right in front of me for months. lol

Jennie in GA said...

Yes, the handle is perfect now. Great idea. At least you had resisted buying another prissy tool!!