Thursday, July 27, 2017

Last of the Vacation Pics ~ I Promise

 
I've been home from vacation for a week and a half so it's high time I post the last of the pictures!
 
The flowers around Hermosa Beach were beautiful.  I don't think I've ever seen a bird of paradise up close before.

 

I just loved all the succulents.












 
These two pictures were taken at Yosemite.



While staying in Cotati, we went to a Civil War reenactment in a neighboring town.  We had never been to one before.  They even staged a battle.  Now mind you, it was at least 100* and they were dressed in wool uniforms.  Probably a couple hundred soldiers.  I think the ones who "died" early in the battle were relieved they did not have to move around.  It was hot sitting in the stands watching, so I can't imagine what it was like for them.



 
President Lincoln gave a speech at the end of the battle.


DSO's son and d-i-l had a tintype done.  Fun.

 
Our last adventure was heading to the Charles M. Schultz museum in Santa Rosa, where he lived for many decades.



 
This picture taken from the second floor will give you an idea how big this mural really is.
 
 
Charlie Brown and Snoopy in the early years before evolving as we know them today.


The restrooms were adorned with comic strip tiles like the ones in the large mural.

 
Even a Snoopy smashed penny machine :)



No more vacation pictures.  I promise.  Hopefully I will have two rug finishes to show you soon.  Both are partially bound.  I am trying so hard to keep up (with Saundra . . . lol!).
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

11 comments:

Saundra said...

I have done shows with civil war reenactments in WOOL clothing. I'd be in shorts and tee shirt and couldn't believe how damn hot they must be. Yet the enactments were totally enjoyable and gave an account to youngsters how it was. There was even a cannon, prisoners, and a fun day for me. But am sure not for them.

Prims By The Water said...

How cool is that Charlie Brown museum! I so love Snoopy!!! I never knew they did Civil War Re-enactments out west. Interesting. Janice

The Eveningstitcher said...

I love the Charles Schulz museum...so cool!!

WoolenSails said...

It was fun seeing your photos and the places you visited.

Debbie

Julia said...

Those murals are so cool. This must have been a labour of love. So much work to put this together

The succulents are beautiful.

I put my hooking aside for the moment. I have two to bind and they can wait as I have other priorities but it feels good when projects are finished.

Thanks for the pictures.
Hugs, Julia

Jennie in GA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie in GA said...

Those succulents are gorgeous, not like anything we have...so colorful. CW reenactments are fairly common here in the South. The very idea of those wool uniforms makes me feel faint. Despite all of your travels and hook ins, you have accomplished a lot!! Think you and Saundra might be tied..lol.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Your photos of all those amazing succulents are so lovely!! Our son had a Bird of Paradise in his yard and it really did look like a bird! I can't imagine wearing those wool costumes, either!! I would definitely pass out!! Saw some reenactments at Colonial Williamsburg and it was really interesting!
I love Peanuts and that mural is amazing!! I was actually Lucy in a musical in High School!!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Farm Girl said...

Gosh how did I miss this post! I loved your pictures and I didn't know about the museum. Don't you love reenactments?
My nephew does them and that guy who plays Lincoln is fantastic. I used to study Civil War issues just to see if I could stump him. I never could. He always stayed true to what Lincoln would have said. I love that picture. I was so surprised you hadn't seen a Bird of Paradise. Things I take for granted. It looks like you had such a fun and lovely trip.

woolwoman said...

I have enjoyed the vaca photos. Love the flowers and unusual plants. glad you had a safe trip and are home hooking and finishing rugs ! mel

Anonymous said...

It was fun seeing your photos and the places you visited.


เย็ดสาว