My goal was to finish my Antique Hearts adaptation by mid August. Yesterday, the 15th, it was done!!! I didn't think it was going to happen. I reverse hooked about a half dozen of the "tongues" because after seeing them hooked, realized that the color placement was too close to another tongue with the same color(s). The center of the tongue on the top left was hooked with a very dark teal, but it just read as dark and looked too much like the background.
Here she is hooked, but not yet steamed, a task that ranks right up there with binding 😝
I love the way teacher Jenny had me hook the background around the hearts. I never would have thought to do that. Thankfully she drew in all the directions for me.
Can you see that tiny bit of red in the center of the heart? When I was not at my frame, Sue added that. Just a little reminder of our class that will remain there.
Can you believe August is half over??? Where on earth is time going? We have gotten rain every few days for the last couple of weeks. My grass is green and growing. I can't remember the last time I didn't have brown crunchy grass in August. I need to mow more often, but no complaints from me.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren
8 comments:
You're like The Little Engine That Could... congrats on a determined finish and well done. Ahhhh, the little speck of red reminds me of the time Kris Miller hooked a couple little spots in a rug I was doing in her class. They are still there as a reminder to me of that class and of Kris. Fond memories.
Well done!!! I have done none of my hobbies for weeks.
Cathy
Your rug is awesome and yes you now have a wonderful memory whenever you look at it. I was just telling myself this morning where the heck has August gone too? We finally got some much needed rain today, so our grass might get green again. Janice
Great finish!! And congratulations on reaching your goal.It’s very pretty. Here in southern Ohio we have gotten too much rain multiple times a day and night accompanied by wind and or thunder and or lightening. What a summer
Your hearts turned out wonderful! I really like the hooking of the background around the hearts. How I wish my feeble brain could retain that for a future project. Ack...nm...I'd have to have "future projects" first. Love the little red remembrance. Cathy did that on one of my rugs at some point...but I didn't leave it as she grabbed a garish color from the wool of the person sitting next to me LOL. Lucky you on the rain. We went from too much rain at the beginning of summer to absolutely none now. We are unbearably dry and I don't even have a lawn in places anymore. Almost worse than that is that the forecast will show a very promising chance of rain (on Saturday, it was 95%) and, in the blink of an eye, it flips to no chance. Or even if a good chance remains in the actual forecast, the rain never materializes. It's been weeks of this and I am so very weary of watering. Today was cool and overcast all day and I thought for sure it would rain...but the forecast was for none...and none we got.
My dear little pugs... for me, the grass is straw, burnt by the hot sun, it hasn't rained for loooong, maybe today... my Ula doesn't like walking in the wet even though she has a little raincoat :))
Enjoy life... I found you on FB :))
Pug kisses back from Andreja and Ula!
I just LOVE your rug and the tiny little spot of red is so special !!! Your colors are beautiful and how you hooked all around the hearts looks fantastic !!! I never saw that before !!! Love it !!!
We had nice refreshing cool weekend , but back to humidity and chance of showers a few days this week . I am so tired of Hot & Humid weather !!!
So where are you off to for hooking next ???? LOL
Fabulous! Love it.
Post a Comment