Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Living in chaos!

My dining room is my craft room.  It has been a disaster for a couple months.  First it was making consignment items for a rug camp, and since then it has been used for making items for the hook in where I am vending on Saturday.

The table after much had been cleared off.


The pile of crap stuff ready for vending.

Still more to haul up from the basement and a few things to finish making.  I have been working diligently, even stopped cleaning in the attic and have ignored yard cleanup, but I still seem to be spinning my wheels.  Then when the hook in is over, I need to get busy on things for the antique/primitive show at the beginning of November.  It has been forever since I've hooked something fun, other than the witch which I am very surprised did sell.  Thank you Nancy in Texas!

I have been collecting wool selvedges for many years but didn't do anything with them.  Friend Leigh came up with a selvedge tree project but unfortunately I missed the get together when they were made.  I finally made a couple.  So easy.  At two hooking groups I belong to many members made one or two.  These were my samples.  (Tree on the right now has a star.)

I still have enough selvedges left to make at least a couple dozen more . . . lol.

Time to get back to creating.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

6 comments:

Saundra said...

The selvedges look wider than the way I rip mine off. Mine don't look like they are 2" wide.

Prims By The Water said...

What a great idea for wool selvage. Good luck vending. Did I spy a witch in front of your fireplace? Janice

Acorn Hollow said...

Great idea with selvages. You are a creating machine!
My craft room looks like a hurricane went through. But I don't have the energy to clean it right now.
Cathy

Nancy said...

Whenever I create, Lauren, my craft room looks like a bomb blew up in there! But I trust in the process!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, apparently my "craft room" is wherever I have been in my house. And, geesh, I don't even craft. Like MD said, my selvedges aren't as large as yours. Should I be concerned?? ;-)

Modrina Neba said...

Good Friday, Hug and kiss Andreja!