Sunday, June 2, 2019

Hook In ~


Good Sunday to you, my friends :)  Yesterday's Western Reserve Rug Hookers hook in was a top notch event as always.  Even though the A/C was sketchy at best, spending a day with so many hookers is always fun.  Vending was so-so, but anything is better than nothing.

Vendor booths.








Melissa's and my booth.  It was hard to get pictures because of the windows.



A wonderful dye book came home with me along with a yard of wool.  The dye book can be found here on etsy.  Darci (Woolen Folk Art) also has some really great patterns.  Please check her out.
The dye book has many vintage photos . . .


. . . and recipes for these wonderful colors.


I got lucky and won this floor frame in the Chinese auction.  A cheap investment to see if this frame is to my liking.  


This pattern came was part of the auction lot.  It is barely started and on burlap.  At first glance, I thought it was a fox, but the pattern is "Sleeping Cat".  It is not something I will ever hook, so if anyone is interested, I would be happy to send it to you :)  (Please note, that no wool came with the pattern.)


I'll share some of the rugs from the show in my next post.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren


12 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

I was wondering where you spririted off to! I was about to message you...and, yeah, duh...I forgot about the event. It is truly a good thing me thinks that I don’t get to go to things like this as I swear half of those booths would come home with me. And I wouldn’t have your luck in winning anything...especially something so wonderful as that floor frame! I have a floor frame, but it has such a wide base on the bottom that it is a bit awkward to use and move around like I do when I hook....my poor kitty who sleeps at my feet when I hook hates it. I was thinking of looking for something with a narrower base and taking this one up to the hunting “cabin” (uhm....trailer) so I have something I can use up there...but didn’t think I would find anything with a smaller base. Let me know how you like it...and if there is a maker or source where I might get one if you like it. And I wish I could say I would take one finishing that kitty rug. I always have a fondness for cat rugs....and this kitty looks so very much like my Liza Bean (a/k/a “LucciFur”) LOL. ~Robin~

marly said...

So there's a special dye for wool? Can I spray it on a boiled wool jacket that I hate?

acorn hollow said...

Well it all looks wonderful!!! Sorry it was only so so in sales but great prize you won!
I will have to check out the dye book. Lord knows I don't dye much though.
Cathy

Julia said...

Oh my, what a lot of beautiful wool and rugs. I thought that you might sell some of your rugs too along with your jewelry. All the boots are top notch like you said. I'm looking forward to your next post.
It's a new week and I'm sure that you are keeping busy, as usual.
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

Wow, lucky you. What you missed in sales was made up by winning a very costly floor frame.

Farm Girl said...

It looks like a wonderful show. Such beautiful things. Oh awesome you won that floor stand. What a cool dye book.
Have a wonderful day.

NMK said...

Looks so pretty & lots of fun ! I love your button necklaces ….I just tried to make one , I didn't get the buttons close enough .

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
The Hook In looks like it was a fun place to be and I think I would have been so tempted to just buy it all!!! You are certainly very disciplined!! Your displays looked really lovely and I wish you would have had more success, but sometimes that happens and hopefully it will be better next time! I have seen a video of Darci and she is so funny! Very entertaining and fun! Thanks for sharing the info about her!! How wonderful that you won that floor stand!! Hope it works out well for you!! I want to get a better one as the one I have has been broken and repaired and just not very sturdy!
Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Prims By The Water said...

I would have come with more than a yard of wool I am afraid. You have willpower. Wonderful rugs and boots. Hope you did well. Janice

WoolenSails said...

Looks like a great show and great vendors. That is quite the lucky win, and the added rug is wonderful.

Debbie

Simply Quaint said...

Woohoo what a wonderful time....and congrats on the win....that’s a awesome gift! Enjoy......

Blessings
Rhonda 😀

Jennie in GA said...

Nice group of vendors. There were definitely some tempting items. The colors in the dye book are really nice.