Monday, April 29, 2019

UFOs


I've dug deep in the closet and pulled out two UFOs.  One from loooong and ago and one recent.

The Lydia Bond reproduction sampler from the Examplarery, was started at least 25 years ago.  I was so close to finishing and I'm not sure why it was tucked away.  It will be next on my hoop.  {{Well, after taking a good look to determine what floss I need (of course that was not with the chart) I figured out why I stopped stitching it.  The instructions seem very complex.  Lots of stitches other than cross, some over one, etc.}} I haven't cross stitched on such a dark linen since I put this aside.  Time will tell if I once again tuck it in the far reaches of the closet.  I would help if I had the color picture but that is nowhere to be found.


What was already stitched.  The linen is much darker in person.


Tulip, by Red Barn Rugs, was started in a class with Cathy Stephan last October.  Not one loop has been pulled since.  It is a small mat, only 12" x 20", so it should not take long to hook.  I will alternate between this pattern and my antique floral.  Thankfully, I didn't steal any wool to use on another project.


Blogger was not playing nice.  It took me a day to realize, but I was no longer getting email notifications when a comment was left, even though I did not change any settings.  Thankfully I still had the link Marly sent me on how to correct it.  Vicki had a question but I could not reply to her.  She wanted to know if I mark off sections when hooking antigodlin style.  I did not.  I basically have 4 different wools (one overdyed, one as-is and one as-is reversible).  I just hook a strip and the next one will be a different wool and so on.  Sometimes the same color will butt against the same color.  Am I making any sense?  I hope that helps, Vicki.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

9 comments:

Saundra said...

Good for you for not stealing wool from one project to another. All too often people do that and they are sorry. Best to bag up the project with the proper wool when stashing it away as a UFO.

acorn hollow said...

oh you are so close to finishing the sampler I hope you do. Love the tulip I am sure you will get that done.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

I have so many UFO's that I could start another Solar System. Someday I tell myself I will finish them....someday. Good luck with yours Look good so far. Janice

marly said...

LOVE Lydia. One of my favorites. Sending you color photos of the bottom. Hope they help.

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful piece, love the antique reproductions.

Debbie

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, another trait we twins share.... UFO’s from another life LOL... But WHOA! I thought I was the one who walked on the dark side??!! Memento Mori???? Too cool... I wonder how that made its way into Lydia’s sampler??? In any event, it makes me love it more. And of course your tulip mat is every bit as charming as all of Cathy’s designs are. BTW...you’ll be proud to know that I have, in fact, located the rug I was working on....now, to find the wool...the new hook I treated myself to and have since put someplace “safe”....oh, and that illusion “mojo”.... Happy last day of April! ~Robin~

Julia said...

I'm sure you'll get that sampler finished. You're almost done... It's a good feeling finishing some UFO. I have some UFO but they are not rugs, although I need to bind some. I seem to have abandoned all my fiber art hobby lately. I haven't had the urge to work on anything.

April is finished but the water level is staying high until May 4th at least. It's depressing. We are still marooned and it cold.
Hugs, Julia

Margaret said...

I love seeing your WIPs, and learning about how you go about hooking your rugs. So fun to see the back too (In your last post). I had to laugh when I read that about not having stolen any materials from your current rug project. That's always the danger, isn't it? lol!

moosecraft said...

Looks like not too much left on that cross stitch...specialty stitches will send me running from a design...lol! LOVE that tulip mat! No time like the present (Spring) to finish that one up for display! :-)