Sunday, March 3, 2019

Hooking Room Tour ~ Part Two ~ & a Confession



I was asked what is the size of the hooking room.  It is just under 10' x 14'.  I know how to put 10# of stuff in a 5# bag :)

This antique table is where I cut my wool.  The light at that end of the room isn't good at night so I have a small Ott light to help.  (Lots of light during the day.)  Under the table is a basket of unwashed wool, much of which I hope to dye someday.



French laundry basket with some of my rugs.


Antique corner cupboard filled with "stuff".  It is in dire need of a good cleaning.   


Crazy quilt heart made by friend Julia in South Carolina.  We have been corresponding for years and we are going to meet in person this month.  Jennie from Over the Hill and Running blog will be driving up from Georgia to join us.  So much fun meeting blog friends.  I've met others in the past, and it is like meeting up with old friends.


A basket of worms and small pieces of wool that need sorting.


A few more of the rugs hanging on the walls.  Sorry they are so washed out.




On the floor.





Top of the tool chest/coffee table.


Now for my confession.  For the most part, this is what the room looks like (when it is clean which isn't often . . . sigh), but I did "stage" it a bit. My WIPs and other miscellaneous stuff was not included in the pictures.

March did not come in like a lion here in northern Ohio.  It was sunny but C.O.L.D.  Our 10 day forecast isn't looking too good, either.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

16 comments:

Saundra said...

Wonderful rugs. Sure wish I had one of those French laundry wire baskets!!!!! Lucky you.

Jacqueline said...

You have hooked a lot of beautiful rugs. How nice that your room is dedicated to your craft. My “stuff” is scattered across levels in my home so can be a scavenger hunt in itself. But then the hunt is half the fun. Thanks for sharing

basketsofwool said...

It is always fun to see others hooking spaces and your is great! You have hooked some wonderful rugs! Thanks for taking us on the tour!

NMK said...

Your nice beautiful old corner cupboard is on my wish list !!! All the great things you can hide away in there !!! All of your rugs are beauties ! A perfect room to sit & hook !!!

WoolenSails said...

Your room is wonderful and cozy and I love how you store your rugs, makes a nice display.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

What wonderful hooked rugs and a beautiful room to use as your hooking room. As Billy Crystal would say...you looks marvelous! Your room does. Janice

Jennie in GA said...

I want it all!!! Your cupboards are to die for. I love all the rugs, but think my faves are the hit or miss in front of the cutting table and the fat robin. Love the CQ heart by Julia. Can hardly wait for our meeting!!!

kelley said...

it's lovely...staged or not...wonderful spot to cut your wool...

marly said...

Such a great room for creating.

Simply Quaint said...

Lauren your Hooking room is absolutely adorable, I can’t believe you staged it �� I just love everything about it.....all of those beautiful rugs.....whose pattern is the bluebird.....I love it a lot.......thank you for sharing.......urgh these winter days in Ohio I’m over it.....

Have a wonderful week
Rhonda

Simply Quaint said...

Me again, not bluebird rug, the robin lol

Blessings
Rhonda

Farm Girl said...

I think it is such a fun room. I love everything and how you have it set up. Our forecast is rain until Saturday. Isn't that funny? Spring will be here before you know it.

acorn hollow said...

Wonderful room I have to make sure my hooking room has a bed in it as we have company off and on.
cathy

Karin said...

Thanks again Lauren for sharing your hooking room!!!!It looks GREAT.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Thanks so much for the tour GF....I absolutely LOVE your space...and everything in it. Hopefully it will inspire me to get my space together and the stuff that isn’t supposed to be there outta there. What a prolific hooker you are!! YIKES...makes me feel very inadequate LOL. I absolutely adore that Robin mat!!! EEEEK! Beautiful heart from Julia... And I love your sweet little hook holder!! We are on a roll here in Nod....no (major) snow for at least 3 days now (although we did have a dusting last night and I guess the same tonight). Brutally cold, though, with lots of blowing and drifting..... ~Robin~

Margaret said...

OK, more ogling here. lol! Your room is so gorgeous!!!! And hey -- are our studios ever as neat as we want them to be? No. You should see my sewing room right now. I need to straighten it up so desperately! Thanks for the tour!