Monday, December 17, 2018

TubaChristmas ~



Every year I post about TubaChristmas and what fun it is.  This year was no exception.  I think it is the 45th year overall and the 23rd year in Lorain.  This year there were 78 tuba players ranging in age from 10 to 75.   Ohio had the second most TubaChristmases in the US, with 20 of them. 

 
I'm not sure if the video will play.
 
 
Sometime the acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree.  When my son J was a young teen, he loved quirky apparel.  For quite some time he wore a Cat in the Hat hat.  Jake and I were at the store yesterday when he found a bow tie that he had to have.  I was so surprised to see him wearing it to TubaChristmas.  Too funny.  The green matches his new braces.  Somehow it doesn't quite go with his Pikachu shirt . . . lol.
 
 
I have several feather trees around the house.  My upstairs landing sports a feather tree (on right).  The little tree to the left is not made of feathers.
 
 
A small one in the dining room with many vintage glass ornaments.


And yet another on the opposite side of the dining room.  Vintage celluloid reindeer and a Santa stand guard.

 
A little pickle is hiding in the tree.  You can read about the legend of the pickle here.

 
This is my only vintage feather tree, purchased 25+ years ago.  Many new but also some vintage glass ornaments and vintage glass bead garlands. 

 
And a pickle hiding here, too.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

16 comments:

Julia said...

Your place looks amazing and I never heard of the pickle ornament. What a storehouse of information you are. I enjoy those little surprises. I always enjoy seeing how you decorate your home for Christmas to reflect your personality and I see you are full of fun at every corner. I'm raising my glass to you. Your home is as interesting as you.
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs, Julia

Jo Ann said...

Lauren,

Thanks for the pickle post. All my trees have a pickle, I was even fortunate to find one for my dollhouse Christmas tree. I agree that it probably is not a German tradition ~ all my German relations just look at me as if I was crazy when I ask them about it. They never heard of it. but I still enjoy the story. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and a Happy, Hooking 2019.

Prims By The Water said...

I love the pickle story! Your feather trees are so festive. Love how you decorated them ! Am on the hunt for cotton spun fruit to add to a tree...hopefully I can find enough for next year. Janice

marly said...

Love the tie and the tubas! Your lovely home and fabulous collections should be in a Christmas book!

kstehens100 said...

The video was awesome. Thank you, Kat

WoolenSails said...

That is quite the amazing concert and amazing that there are so many who love to play the tuba.
That is definitely an outfit that will get noticed, lol.
Your feather trees are wonderful, I have one I found at a consignment store and most of mine are german twig trees.

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

your house looks amazing! Jake is growing so fast and hey I like the bow tie
cathy

Julia said...

Jake is his own man. With an outfit like that, he sure is expressing his own personality and he'll stand out in the crowd.
I enjoyed the tuba concert video.

Saundra said...

Jake seems like a real cook kid! Bet that even when he becomes an adult he will still have the same youthful spirit. Your home looks very festive.

NMK said...

Your house looks beautiful !!! Love your feather trees !!! Your Grandson is so cute !!! Love the bow tie & braces !!! Too cute !!!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Love the green bow tie and it goes with anything LOL I mixing it up also.

Love the feather trees also vintage or new love to pill them full of old glass ornaments
Merry Christmas

jan said...

Love Jake's style! Love it when kids wear their personalities! ...jan

Margaret said...

I love that your grandson has his own style, and a good one too! Love all your trees and decorations. I don't know how you do it -- I have enough trouble just getting one tree up and decorated.

moosecraft said...

Thanks for the video! They sound great!!! Love all of your decorations....vintage is best! Yay to Jake for having his own (fabulous) stlye!!!

Farm Girl said...

Lauren what beautiful trees!! I just loved those. Jake looks very handsome. I just love your Tuba Christmases.
My grands would want Jake's shirt. Have a lovely day.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Lauren I love your Christmas decorations. Everything looks so darling! Your rug turned out so nice, hugs and a Merry Christmas Cheri