Sunday, December 23, 2018

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things ~


 
The big day is almost here.  It arrives so quickly ~ and seems to be over in an eyeblink.  Tomorrow will be a busy day preparing the food that can be made a day ahead and then in late afternoon heading to the airport to pick up my son.  His being here will make Christmas extra special.
 
I purchased this cigar box for the graphics in the lid many years ago.  Isn't it just too sweet? 


 
My patriotic tree is one of my favorites.  I switched out a 4' green tree for a 6' tinsel tree this year and I just love it.  It sits on a landing that is just 3 1/2' x just under 4' ~ proof that a tree can fit just about anywhere.


 
A few patriotic Santas ~ two of them are nutcrackers.  The little white feather tree with ornaments was purchased years ago on eBay.  (Oops.  The tree is backwards.)


Some favorite ornaments ~




 




Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

10 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Have fun with your son! I love your patriotic tree! I actually put up a few for july 4th. Off to dinner with the grands and then opening presents afterwards. Let the joyous season begin! Janice.PS and yes it is always gone in a blink. :-(

Sue Swank said...

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Jacqueline said...

I love Americana every thing. Enjoy your time with your boy. All your family for that matter. Merry Christmas friend.

Julia said...

I love your patriotic tree. Have fun with preparing your Christmas celebrations with your son and love ones. I'm sure it will be extra special...
Sending lots of love and Christmas cheer your way.
Hugs & love, Julia

acorn hollow said...

Love your decorations have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your boys.
Cathy

The Eveningstitcher said...

Enjoy your Christmas, Lauren....so happy for you that your son is coming in...makes it an extra special Christmas. Your decorations are beautiful...I'm fixing lasagna tomorrow to takek to my daughter's on Christmas....enjoy your week!!!

WoolenSails said...

That is a fun tree for your patriotic collection and I love how it looks.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Debbie

marly said...

I painted that Santa on a box lid many many years ago. Makes me want to do it again. I didn't get the tinsel tree, many of the prelit lights were already out, but my sister wants one so I will check again. Merry Christmas Lauren, I'm sure it will be special with your son there.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Enjoy your time with your son. A very special Christmas indeed.
Your slender tinsel tree is gorgeous !
Rose

Farm Girl said...

What a nice Christmas you are going to have this year. I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas. I love your ornaments and those trees. What a lovely collection you have. Christmas is upon us. :) Sending hugs your way.