Tuesday, November 13, 2018

From Our Hands ~



Once again, From Our Hands was a first class show.  If money was no object, I would have needed a U-Haul to bring my goods home.  I took very few pictures.  I even forgot to take a picture of our booth :(
 
Lori Ann Corelis, along with Rebekah L. Smith, are the show promoters.  Here is Lori Ann's booth.  Her work is exquisite.

 
By the end of the show, I think she only had two of her large bears remaining.


These primitive hooked rugs were in the booth of Christine Miller, Rebekah's mother.  I see where she gets her talent.  The acorn doesn't fall too far :)

 
More of Christine's creations and a few antiques.

 
And the only other pic is one from Stacy Nash's booth.

 
A few treasures did come home with me.  This sweet little mohair chick made by Lana K. Omlor, Lori Ann's sister.  Once again, that acorn . . .
 
 
A little treen piece to add to my collection.  You can see more of my collection here.

 
This red cupboard contains part of my treen collection.  The little shelf to the left was another purchase.  The dealer said it most likely dated from the mid 1800's.   

 
Speaking of treen, these containers are known as Peaseware.  At the Gathered Treasures show a week ago, the middle one was my big purchase.  Peaseware was made in the Cascade Valley of northeastern Ohio in the late 19th century. In 1850, David Mills Pease (1815-1890) founded a woodturning business that specialized in producing wooden containers for practical daily use. Many of the vessels were used for the safe storage of food, including herbs, mustard and other seeds, salt, pepper, and maple sugar chunks.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

12 comments:

marly said...

Your treen collection is fabulous! As are all your collections. Lori Ann does do meticulous work and obviously had a great show. I love those coverlet pockets from Nash. I do have a few pieces, but where the heck are they? Will I ever get rooms organized? Or a good haircut?

Julia said...

I love, love those sweet teddy bears and your Treen collection is amazing. I certainly would not have been able to resist bringing a few home with me.
I think that you need another cabinet to display more treens in the future as your collection grows. Your house must be like a museum by now. Everything is so well displayed.
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

Oh if I had more years left I'd still be collecting those wonderful antiques I love. All you showed are delightful and envious. ENJOY!

WoolenSails said...

Looks like a wonderful show and you got some wonderful goodies.

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

MY wallet would have been very empty if I went to that show. Good purchases
Cathy

Saundra said...

Had to come back and look at all the wonderful talent and check out those rugs again.

Farm Girl said...

What a cool show! I love your blog because I learn so much. I had never heard of so many things until I come here.
I loved the vendors that were there. How awesome. I would have needed a U Haul too.
I really need to make plans to go there like next year. Thanks for sharing.

NMK said...

The show looks wonderful !You are a very talented group of ladies !!! Your Treen collection is beautiful along with your displays in your house . You have beautiful treasures. So pretty !!!

Constance said...

I took a peek at your treenware collection and you do have some amazing pieces. The show pictures were absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

moosecraft said...

OOOOhhh! So many beautiful creations! I would LOVE to adopt that little teddy bear!!! :-)

Prims By The Water said...

You have a nice collection of Peaseware Lauren! Someday I need to go to this show,but it is always on the day of one of our own shows we do..which we do good at. Janice

Larkrise garden girl said...

I loved everything!