Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Thankful ~



If you haven't already done so today, take a moment to count your blessings.  Money cannot buy health and that is the most important thing we can have.  Billions of dollars could not save Paul Allen, one of the richest men in the world.  I know I am truly thankful.
 
I do have a Rebekah L Smith finish to share with you.  Only 11 1/2" high x 5" wide it took me a lot longer than I thought it would.  I am happy with the colors I chose.  I still have a bit of a problem with the corners but hopefully will get better with practice.  (The color is most accurate in the first picture.)
 
 


I also finished the hooking on the rug I cannot yet share with you.  Just a couple little changes and then on to the steaming and binding.
 
Did I tell you I have another hooking class this Friday with Cathy Stephan of Red Barn Rugs and our guild hook in on Saturday?  Fun, fun, fun!!!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your piece is beautiful, you did a wonderful job on it.
I try to count the little blessings each day, even having time to sit and create is a blessing.

Debbie

denise said...

good job!

Raymond Homestead said...

Love this piece!

acorn hollow said...

you are so right Lauren! I count my blessings all the time we recently had a local dentist just drop dead from a heart attack. He was always hiking running etc.
you are having way to much fun! I want to retire boo hoo but I don't think I would have as much fun as you do.
love your piece.
Cathy

Julia said...

I always say " A grateful heart is a happy heart." I do take time to write down my blessings and you are one of my blessings.

You did a fantastic job on that piece. Have a great rest of the week.
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

I think your applique piece is wonderful, you are too critical of yourself. You are right about counting our blessings. Money can't buy health or happiness. I try to make my own happiness by surrounding myself with things I enjoy and try to avoid chaos of negative news. I rarely go to FB now and turn the TV channel when seeing protests and bickering.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Thanks for reminding us to count our blessings! That was also mentioned in church last Sunday and is truly something we need to think about all the time!! It really does counter all the negatives we are constantly faced with!! xoxo There is SO MUCH to be thankful for!!!
Your applique piece is just lovely and I agree with Saundra! You do beautiful work!!
I think you are one of the busiest ladies I know and sure do wish I could tag along with you to all of your fun trips!! Thanks for sharing them with us, via posting, which is the next best thing!!!
Hope you have a really great week!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Farm Girl said...

Wow, I wish the kids would settle in Ohio so I could come to the promised land of hooking. That is awesome you have so many fun things to get to go do.
Yes, sad about Paul Allen. I heard about that.
I tell you after a month of being sick, I have realized how much I took my health for granted.
I love that is it called a pocket? I love those colors.
Have a lovely day.

marly said...

That is a wonderful piece Lauren. I think your applique is very well done. Corners look good to me!

Jacqueline said...

Isn't retirement just the best! You go girl.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Love everything about your project finish.
You do lovely work, Lauren !
Counting my blessings, Rose

Sweet Sue said...

a swoon-worthy finish and beautiful applique work lauren, congrats!

Margaret said...

Beautiful work! I'd say you're definitely enjoying your retirement!