Tuesday, August 14, 2018

What's Up ~

 
Tomorrow I am off to Sauder Village for the day.  I am taking a color planning workshop with Carol Decoteau from the Old Tattered Flag.  I've been agonizing about what rug to take with me.  It hit me the other night about 1:00 am as I tossed and turned.

I've been wanting to hook Anne Nichols' 1847 Turkey for many years (lower right corner).  I found the booklet a couple years ago but never put the pattern on linen.  

 
The pattern is now on linen and ready for me to take.  I've pulled a few wools that I think may work. 
 
 
I'm also in the process of hooking a mini version of the antique rug, Hearts and Clover.  Here are two that I hooked a few years ago.

 
 
Here's the mini version currently on my frame.  I may add a couple hearts on the bottom corners.  I plan to attach this to a vintage picnic basket as a Christmas gift.  For once I am trying not to wait until the last minute to hook a few gifts.

 
Hopefully I will have lots to share from Sauder.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

NMK said...

The Turkey rug will be beautiful ! I Love the Hearts & Clover pattern ….I hooked that too a few years ago …..it is my favorite. Have Lots of Fun at Sauder !!!!

Simply Quaint said...

Oh lauren I love that rug, what fun.....envious you going to Sauder Village, 😀.....have fun....lok forward to seeing what you do....

Have fun.....
Blessings
Rhonda

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I’ve hooked that turkey and it’s one of my fav rugs! Have a super time!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Have fun at Sauder, Lauren! I’ve wanted to hook Anne’s turkey rug for years also. Will look forward to seeing yours. Lori

The Eveningstitcher said...

Have fun, Lauren...I won't be making it to Sauder this year...too many other things going on....but I'm sure you'll enjoy Carol's class. She is a hoot!!! Wouldn't you know, this is probably the first and only year I had free admission to SAuder....bummer....

acorn hollow said...

I am sure you will have lots to share. Lucky you you get to go and take a class.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you have fun at the village.Love the colors in your Christmas project. The turkey rug looks nice and you will do a great job on it! Janice

Jacqueline said...

Safe travels. Sorry we aren't going to be there at the same time. Will look forward to your posts.

village folk art said...

Well my friend, there you go again, this time to Sauder Village. Sounds like a fun place. Your hooking is amazing with each one as pretty as the first. Love that Turkey and will be looking forward to your share and tell.
Enjoy and safe traveling.
Peace for all,
Barb

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Have a wonderful time at Sauder {we will miss going this year!}
please take lots of photos for us, and tell everyone we said HI!
L

Char said...

Love the turkey! Looking forward to seeing the finished project! Have fun at Sauder! We’re not going this year. I had been tossing around giving up,the rug hooking but lately I’ve seen things on your blog as well as others that is tickling my interest. I’m close to being done make big quilts and will soon just make seasonal wall hangings so I’m think I might actually get some of the ufos finished!

Char

Jennie in GA said...

Hope you had fun at Sauder. That turkey pattern has always been a favorite of mine, too. And, yes, I have the booklet...lol. I am impressed at how diligently you are working on Christmas gifts. Wish a bit would rub off here.

Farm Girl said...

I love that turkey rug. I can't wait to see all of your pictures. Pulling colors is always the hardest part for me.
I need a class like that.
I love seeing your hooking. You always inspire me Lauren.