Sunday, August 19, 2018

Sauder Rug Show ~ Part 1


DSO came over to try to diagnose my tech problem loading pictures from the iPhone to the desktop.  He's not sure what he did, but on the second or third try, it worked just fine for him.  Go figure . . . I'm just happy I could access my pictures.
 
Here are some of the rugs in the Celebration Hall of Fame.













I am drawn to the sepia tone and grayscale (?) rugs.  I admire them immensely but doubt I could ever successfully hook one.  There were so many beautiful examples.  I know some of these were shown in previous years Sauder posts, but worth seeing again.
 


 
From a distance, this looked like a photograph.





 
How sad but what a beautiful tribute to his son.


 
Of course, much more to share in my next post.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

7 comments:

acorn hollow said...

breath taking beautiful rugs just amazing.
Cathy

Jacqueline said...

They are even more amazing in person. I was fortunate to go this year.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Glorious rugs !!!!
Rose

moosecraft said...

So much detail! I really like the one that is "Home of Jesse Smith"! Of course...those old stone homes in the country are always tugging at my heart strings! :-)

Farm Girl said...

My goodness, what incredible hooking. So beautiful.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Sooooo many lovely rugs!!! The three that stand out to me are the Lion, Tiger, and Elephant!!! AMAZING!!! The sepia toned ones are beautiful and all of the rest of just wonderful!! Certainly you get your fill of "eye candy" to be sure!!!
Thanks so much for sharing and so happy your "tech expert" was able to work his magic!
Have a great week!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

WoolenSails said...

Amazing rugs, so much detail and the stories behind them, can only imagine how much better it is, to see them in person.

Debbie