Monday, July 16, 2018

Meet Betty ~


Betty came to live with me a few weeks ago.  She was purchased from Tweedthistle Primitives.  An old dress form, she no longer wears her fabric covering, but I thought she was pretty cool and will make a good necklace display piece at shows.  I was told I might want to tuck her somewhere as she has been known to spook a few people when you forget she is in the room :)  For now, she is residing in the hooking room. 


 
I also purchased this wonderful wagon the same day Betty came home with me.  Though I'm sure it's been repainted, it is a wonderful blue color on the outside and red inside.  Taken with a flash, this pic is washed out . . .


. . . but a little too dark without.


Thanks to Lori and Janice for identifying this colorful creature as a webworm :) 


I've hooked a couple little mini mats that I will share soon, but no other hooking going on.  I really must get back in the swing of things.  I've signed up for a 3 day retreat at the end of August which should inspire me.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

17 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Love Betty and the wagon. You find the cutest things!

WoolenSails said...

Love your finds, wonderful pieces for display and to decorate with.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Necklace seems to be good!
Wagon and the carpet on it looks good!

denise said...

Love the wagon and Betty,too.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Betty is the bomb-diggety ! She will do well at shows !!
Rose

acorn hollow said...

Well Betty you look stunning with all your jewelry! I love the wagon too. you have been busy hooking so the few strips I pull a day is next to nothing.
Cathy

Julia said...

Betty is a great addition to your shows. She sure will make people take notice. I think the wagon would also be an attention grabber at the show when it's filled with jewelry or other wares.
An August retreat sounds very nice.
Hugs, Julia

Mugwump Woolies said...

Betty is a beauty with her long neck..what a great display piece she will make! The wheels on your new wagon are wonderful!
Robyn

Saundra said...

Love Betty and the wagon full of rugs. Good job on the acquisitions and the hooking!

Farm Girl said...

Betty looks like a great addition to your hooking room. I love that wagon. It looks so great with your rugs in it.
I hope you have a great week.

Penny said...

Wow! Love both of your new pieces! Betty was a great find for displaying your necklaces, and the wagon is just wonderful!

NMK said...

The wagon is awesome !! And Mzz Betty is totally cool !!! Great finds !!!!

woolwoman said...

Love the new acquisitions - I especially love the wagon full of rugs! very cool.
I enjoyed seeing all your beautiful flowers and your new statuary in the garden. Now they are making that cheap resin stuff - be glad you found a way to transport a real concrete piece. Your DSO is a very youthful looking 75. Hope you enjoyed the celebration. Cheers Mel

Prims By The Water said...

So love your new finds Lauren! I have a dress form myself and also a wagon that Bob surprised me with for my birthday one year. Your new wagon looks nice with your rugs inside! Janice

marly said...

I've always wanted a dress form to look at every day and convince myself it was my size. I do love yours. And that wagon. Holy cow what a find! You really do well but I guess having shops to visit helps!!

moosecraft said...

You always find THE BEST STUFF! :-)

Jennie in GA said...

Love them both. Would be hard pressed to choose which I like best.