Sunday, May 20, 2018

WRRH Hook In ~

 
I was going to do a blog post days ago, but time has just gotten away from me.  Yesterday was the Western Reserve Rug Hookers annual hook in.  A first class event once again.  Great vendors, awesome lunch, wonderful raffle baskets and door prizes.  Best of all, great company.  Unfortunately I came home empty handed, but my 3 tablemates all were lucky winners.  I brought a rug to bind, but didn't even begin to work on it.  Typical of my accomplishments at a hook in.
 
Here are a few of the rugs from the show.  Most of the display was down a narrow hall and hard to get pictures.

 
Isn't this a hoot?  3 Sheeps to the Wind.
 

 
The guild had a challenge.  Hook this paisley pattern however you would like.  So many wonderful mats!  (I did not participate in this challenge.)  The mats will be on display during rug week at Sauder Village in August.



More rugs . . .







 
Thanks to the generosity of dear blog friend Cathy, this pattern came home with me.  She gifted me with an Old Tattered Flag gift card that I saved to use at the hook in.  Julie Thomas purchased the antique rug last year and reproduced it.  I think this will be on my frame soon.
 
 
Here is Julie's rug with some of the wool she used.  I thought I took a picture just of the rug, but must have imagined that I did :(


 
A couple wools purchased from Heavens to Betsy that I thought might work in the rug.
 
 
Even though I did not win a prize, I came home a winner.  Dear friend Linda (Primdollie Koch on Facebook) makes some of the coolest primitive items.  She sent this fun guy home to live with me.


That face just makes me smile :)


Must get busy and do some yard work.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

7 comments:

denise said...

lovely as always

Farm Girl said...

So much talent. What fun! I love your wool and I love your pattern. What a nice treat to have a gift card like that. You dog is a cutie. Enjoy that yard work, I hope you don't come in like me, so sore I can hardly walk. :)

Saundra said...

My favorite rug was "3 Sheeps to the Wind"., oh, and the Maria Barton design. Lucky you to have the Old Tattered Flag gift card AND the CUTE prim cat. Yeah, think you did come out as a winner.

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and a lot of beautiful rugs at the show. I think you got some great goodies to come home with and that bunny is a wonderful piece.

Debbie

Jacqueline said...

Did you enter a rug? So much talent. I saw Julie 's rug on her site and love it. The soft almost neutral colors are so old looking. Beautiful

Margaret said...

Thanks for the virtual show. Such beautiful work there!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
I am so behind on blogging and commenting but have to start somewhere, right?? Always enjoy visiting your blog and seeing what you are up to!! Such lovely rugs and I especially love the heart rug!!! I actually hooked a rug and posted about it...my first rug since 2016!! It felt so good to have that hook in my hand again!! Love the prim rabbit, too, and love making him! Hope you have a wonderful week!!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie