Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Suitcase Gods ~



~ were also smiling down on me.  My suitcase arrived at my door about 24 hours after I did.  I breathed one HUGE sigh of relief.
 
There was a rug show at camp.  So many wonderful rugs.  So much talent.  The Boy Scout rug was hooked by Kris Miller.  One hooker in the class was hooking it for her hubby.
 
 
Saundra, does this look familiar?  Hooked by Sue who bought your Magdalena goat pattern.  Wait until you see how she is hooking that one.





















After the rug show, each attendee voted on their favorite fine cut and favorite wide cut rug.  I don't remember which rug won the fine cut, but this was the #1 choice for wide cut.  It was my choice, too.  Too bad the sun streaming in the windows washed out the beautiful colors!




 
 
Dawn recognized my name and profile picture (dear Loocie) from Facebook.  She has rescued a pug boy and hooked this with Sheila Arbogast.  Fun furbaby.

 
And just for fun, if you are a Dollar Tree fan.  I saw this in Florida but didn't know if I had room to bring one home.  Thankfully the second DT I stopped at had them.  After buying one, I've gone back and bought many more for my dog/wine loving friends.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

11 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Just beautiful Lauren. And so very glad you and your suitcase found each other.
Cathy

Farm Girl said...

I just love looking at all of those rugs and all of that wonderful talent. What inspiration. I am so glad you got all of your luggage safe and sound.
Very cute glasses.

denise said...

Beautiful rugs! cute wine glass!

Saundra said...

Thanks, I love seeing how people hook the patterns I sell and have saved a photo of her version of Cat's Meow on a flash drive. Hope she will send me a picture of her version of the Goat as well. I had one woman (Susan Trafaughber) buy two patterns because both of her adult daughters wanted one.

I plan to stop at the Dollar Tree...thanks for the info.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
So happy you got your suitcase!! Big Sigh of relief, I'm sure!!! All of the rugs are just amazing and it is so much fun to see all the different choices of subject!! Love the rug hooked by your friend Sue!!
Hope you have a great week!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

village folk art said...

Hi Lauren, so much talent in one room... and you are having too much fun. Happy you got all your luggage too. Now you can sit back and RELAX.
Folk Art Hugs, Barb

NMK said...

Great you got your luggage back !!! So many of the rugs are just amazing ! The hooked dog was incredible too !!! Thanks for sharing !!!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Oh that beautiful, perfect chair !!
Thanks for sharing.
Rose

Margaret said...

So glad your suitcase came so quickly. Whew! Love seeing all the beautiful rugs! Gorgeous!

WoolenSails said...

I am glad it arrived safely and I enjoyed seeing the rugs at the show, so many beautiful pieces.

Debbie

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Amazing rugs! Thanks so much for sharing. So glad you were reunited with your luggage :) Ginger