Sunday, November 19, 2017

Furever Home ~



Pretty Girl went to her furever home yesterday.  She has a new mom and dad, four two legged brothers and sisters and three cat siblings.  When we arrived at her new home, the first thing she did was find the cat food and begin to devour it.  When that was taken away, she had great fun chasing the cats.  I hear she and the cats have already reached a truce and are calmly sniffing each other.
 
 
So many of you have wondered how I could give her up.  Let me tell you, it is one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I am head over heels in love with that little wild child.  Fostering is very bittersweet.  It is so hard to let them go, but I know there will be another furbaby that needs my help.  Does that make any sense to you? 
 
The way she sometimes sat just cracked me up :)
{Please ignore my UGLY floor.}
 
I am happy to report that I didn't cry until I got in the car.  My house feels so empty, but Ernestine kept me company for a few hours today.
 
 
One of the last pictures of the girlz together.  They really got along great.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

19 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I am happy that she has found a good home and wonderful that you could care for her, until she did. Now you will have room to help another pup and even though it is hard to say goodbye, look how many pups you have helped by doing this.

Debbie

marly said...

I hope Pretty Girl has a great life with her new family. It has to be very hard for you, she seemed like a little firecracker!

denise said...

another one will come along soon!

acorn hollow said...

A job well done and I do understand you have helped her towards a great life and you will help another. Happy Thanksgiving my friend.
Cathy

Saundra said...

I'm sure your house does seem empty now but Pretty Girl found herself a nice new family to keep forever.

Julia said...

I'm sure Pretty Girl is missing you as well. I'm glad there are lots of people to love her in her new home. I hope they will be happy with her.
I can imagine how empty your house must feel, now that the busy little Pretty Girl is gone to her new home.

Hugs, Julia

kelley said...

it sounds like your wild child found the perfect home full of action and attention...Pretty Girl lucked out finding you to foster her...and let her go...hugs

Margaret said...

I always admire those of you who are foster fur baby parents. Glad that Pretty Girl found her forever home. Hope you get used to being without her soon.

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad she found a home. She is a wonderful dog. I think that it is a wonderful job that you do, but it would be so hard to do. I am so glad you have Earnestine. Have a wonderful week.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
I know you loved having that sweet pup with you, but know she will be loved and certainly have plenty of company to keep her busy!!
I am happy you still have Ernestine!!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Big Heart Hugs~
Julie

Three Sheep Studio said...

I am glad for people like you who give their heart and soul to pups who need to be loved.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Lauren.
Rose

Krissy B. said...

What you do is so wonderful for these dogs. I love that you share them with us. You are an angel on earth.

LSalamy said...

Some days love is hard... <3

Mimi Yanda said...

I applaud you for giving these babies their temporary homes!! Think if she had been without her special human (you) during all this time!! I was a Hospice RN for years and people would ask me “how can you do it”, really, how could I not do it?? I’m happy she has all those new assorted siblings!!

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning, Lauren. It sounds like Pretty Girl has found her place. It must be so difficult to let her go, but you gave her a safe place (filled with love) while her life was reset. Thank you for caring.

Prims By The Water said...

Hopefully you will have a new fur baby to foster soon. Hopefully Pretty Girl will be happy in her furever home. Janice

The Eveningstitcher said...

Awww...that must have been so hard for you but I'm sure she'll be loving her new home...cats, kids, and all!!

Betsy said...

God bless the foster parents. With out folks like you. So many of us would not have our precious fur babies.

Curtains in My Tree said...

Makes me want to cry over my little pugs who have passed over the rainbow bridge to doggie heaven.I will be rescuing a pug or two when I fully retire