Sunday, October 22, 2017

Class with Cynthia Norwood ~


I was fortunate to get in a class with Cynthia Norwood at the ATHA biennial.  Since reading Cynthia's first book, I knew primitive was the way I wanted to hook.  Our class was titled "The Beauty of Primitives".  Everyone was hooking the same pattern but we got to choose our wools for each element from wools Cynthia brought to the class.
 
Cynthia's rug ~
 
 
Close up ~



Cynthia ~

 
The first worms I chose ~

 
Getting started ~

 
Hookers hard at work.  Those standing in the back were choosing their optional background wool.
 
 
Class throw down.  Similar yet each one different.
 



Pretty Girl approved :)  It's been a very long time since I've been hooking pug hair in to a rug . . . lol.


I pulled my final loops this evening.  The finished size is 13 1/4" x 20".
 
 
There is a strip of antique paisley hooked in the flower (and one in the basket).  I'm sure I would never have chosen the wools hooked in the flower, but I am loving it.
 
 
I was so happy to finally have the opportunity to be in a class with Cynthia and it was wonderful.  Unfortunately I had to leave class an hour early to head south to Hooked in the Valley.  More on that later.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your rug came out beautifully, love the colors you choose.

Debbie

susan hemann said...

lovely Lauren! i love your color choices. Have a good week! Sue

acorn hollow said...

I love your rug! It is always wonderful to see how everyone else see's the same pattern.
Cathy

Julia said...

Your rug turned out beautiful. I'm in love with your amazing background. Your colors are just right. Pretty Girl has claimed this rug and I think she has good taste.

Wow, you are a busy rug hooker.
Hugs, Julia

kelley said...

nice to see the pug hair being hooked in again...Pretty Girl is adorable...wonderful rug and so fun seeing the different versions...

Saundra said...

Such fun to see the same design and how the color choices makes a difference to personalize the piece. Love your finish.

Farm Girl said...

I love that pretty girls little face. I think it would be worth it to have dog hair in the rug. I have all of her books. They were some of the first ones I ever purchased. I hope you had a nice time at your next show. I can't wait to see what else you learned.

marly said...

I like your background much better than her original. Love that pic of her sitting on your rug!

woolwoman said...

she definitely is a "pretty girl" - her head and expression is quite lovely. I would suspect she is from good bloodlines. Love your rug - I'm glad you got to experience a class with cynthis norwood