Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Something Old ~ Something New


Saturday I headed to the antique/primitive show, In the Spirit of Friends, at Malabar Farm.  Nestled in the Ohio hills of Pleasant Valley, Malabar Farm was built in 1939 by Pulitzer Prize winning author Louis Bromfield and was his home until his death in 1956. On May 21, 1945, Bromfield hosted Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall's wedding and honeymoon at the farm.
 
My purchase of the day was this hanging wallbox with drawer.  Though I doubt it's technically an "antique" (100 + years old), it is sweet nonetheless and with a little rearranging, found a great spot on the stairway wall.
 
 
{I see a bare spot that needs a little something.}
 
 
Here's a closer picture with the sweetest little sock kitty ever hiding in the sunflowers.  I just purchased him from Julie over at My Primitive Heart.
 
 
Julie's work is always perfection.  Isn't he just too cute?
 
 
I am busy trying to get things made for my upcoming shows.  Here are strawberries in various stages of completion.
 
 
Sadly there is nothing on my frame :( and probably won't be for a while until more show stuff is done.  A necessary evil to help support my two bad {read expensive} habits ~ hooking and antiques.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren


16 comments:

marly said...

I like all your wall boxes and the little 4 hole cubbie is sweet. You sure have a lot of kitties for not having a kitty.

denise said...

:)

Three Sheep Studio said...

Now that is a beautiful wall !
very interesting collection...love them all.
Rose

Saundra said...

Oh but I remember those days of creating to make things which was sure to sell. Was hesitant at first to stop but it was fun while it lasted.

Julia said...

I'm so glad that you got one of Julie's cute prim kitty. Does he have a name... If not, he should.... She surely makes beautiful things. I can appreciate them even though I don't have primitive decor like you.

We had hot weather today which made me a sweaty cranky woman. I'm OK now, it's cooling down and I have a glass of Shiraz (or 2).
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

So funny one of my other blogs I read was there too! But she is not a hooker.
love your finds your and sweet strawberries
Cathy

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Lauren Love the new box and actually everything on that staircase wall. It's been too hot here to much more than stare at what's on my frame since the thought of wool makes me sweat even more right now. Looking forward to Fall Temps soon!
Donna

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you went to Malabar Farms. It is on my list to someday visit.
I love your find. It is just lovely. You do such fun things Lauren.

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like a wonderful place to browse and a nice piece to add to your collection.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

You bought the kitty I liked. So sweet. Julie does great work. Janice

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Sock Kitty looks right at home!! Thank you so much for adopting him!! Love the wall box and all the other treasures on your stairway!!
The strawberries are lovely and hope you do well when you vend!
Enjoy your week, my friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

what a beautiful arrangement on your wall ~ all of the wooden boxes and cubbies are perfection ~ and I love the kittens too!
L

NMK said...

Love all your treasures hanging on your wall ...looks so pretty !!!!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love those little wall boxes!! They are sweet!!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Love your wall! Don't you love boxes? They are so versatile when it comes to changing them up for holidays and seasons. Yummy strawberries!
Robyn

Jennie in GA said...

Another great venture!! And you came home with a treasure! Love your little kitty collection....in fact, all of the goodies on your wall!