Monday, March 20, 2017

Rugs ~

 
Carol Weatherman (the Sampling) brought these rugs she has hooked to our rug class. 
 

 
This is the edge she attached to the above rug.  I believe she said she purchased it at Hobby Lobby, stained it and attached it to the rug.  Very cool finish!
 
 


The next two rugs were made with quillies and standing wool.





Crows back is made with Sari ribbon.


Some very cool applique Carol had done.  I thought of purchasing the one on the right but decided I needed to be good.  (No fun!)  I bought a little applique kit from her last year at Sauder but of course have not yet started it.

 
Yesterday, we celebrated birthdays.  Son J and grandson Jake both have birthdays this month, along with my older brother Bill and yours truly.  I'm still trying to figure out how I got this old.  I won't say how old, but I am now on Medicare . . . lol!


Thanks so much for stopping by. 
I will share some of the class projects soon.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

15 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

Gorgeous rugs,Lauren! We have a ton of birthdays this month and next month also...total of 10 to be exact....not so easy on the old pocketbook! Yay...Medicare....I've got a few months left...then I'll be in Medicare group as well! Happy Birthday...hope you are having a great day!!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

oh wow!!!!!! love them all ~ so cool!!! thanks Lauren for sharing Carol's talent with us :)
Lori

Jacqueline said...

Medicare = retirement and I for one jumped for joy when I was eligible. Happy Birthday.

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful rugs and finishes.
Happy Birthday!

Debbie

Saundra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saundra said...

Here I go again.....Thanks for the great show and must say your family has an expensive and busy month each March for birthday celebrations.

Prims By The Water said...

These rugs are just amazing. Birthday wishes to both. Janice

Sweet Sue said...

wishing you a sweet and happy birthday lauren!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Lauren. They seem to roll around quicker than they used to, don't they? Hope you had a great day

Julia said...

Happy Birthday sweet Lauren. I hope your day was filled with lots of love from your handsome family. Hookers don't get old, they just keep on hooking like there's no tomorrow.
Hugs,
Julia

acorn hollow said...

Happy birthday to all of you! Love the rugs great ideas.
Cathy

Angela Tucker said...

Happy, happy birthday month to YOU! I checked...if you over 20 years old, you are vintage. If you are over 100, you are antique. You and I are in the middle group ...collectible! LOL I like it!!

Those rugs are amazing. So much talent in the world...

NMK said...

Happy Birthday ! You are in good company now ! Ha ! Love the rugs !

Farm Girl said...

How nice you have so many birthdays this month. Happy Birthday by the way.
What fantastic rugs!
It sounds like you had a special day.
I hope today is just as nice.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Happy Birthday to you and your family!! March is also my Birthday month, as well as my SIL Austin, and my grand dog Charlotte!!
LOVE the rugs and I am sure you had such a great time with Carol!! Loved the sweet applique pieces too....just like primitive crazy quilts!!
Enjoy your week, my friend!
Birthday Hugs~
Julie xo