Sunday, August 28, 2016

Last of Sauder ~

Some more of the amazing rugs in the rug show at Sauder village.













The Western Reserve Rug Hooking Guild had a "Crazy 8s Challenge" for their spring hook in.  Mats had to be hooked using eight or more elements.  Here are some of them.





I tried to be good, but a few things came home with me.  I've never seen hand dyed paisley before.  It was beautiful.  I didn't think to ask, but I'm certain it is new paisley.


Rebecca Erb wools.  Light wools I love to have in my stash to over dye and a couple browns because I am lacking that color.


A little applique kit from The Sampling.


Of course I had to make a quick trip to the antique mall just around the corner from the Village.  I found this little cheese box and old drawer that will be great display pieces at upcoming shows.  I've been on the hunt for a little white insulator . . .


. . . to use to hold a pair of scissors.


I'm still working feverishly trying to get ready for the upcoming show in Holly, MI, in two weeks.  I've been working for months trying to make things and thought I had plenty of time.  HA!  It's snuck up on me like it always does.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Each design has their own work done. All looks beautiful.

denise said...

beautiful!!!!!!!

acorn hollow said...

Just beautiful! I love the crazy eight idea. you always come away with great things.
Cathy

Saundra said...

I was fortunate enough to see a few of the hooked pieces at shows of camps I've attended in the past. You were pretty good with your purchases.

Sadly time does have a way to sneak up on us. It is 3 weeks before my camp and wanted to make 4 more hookers pockets but have to cut and ready for sewing then lost steam.

Jacqueline said...

The detail in the rugs just blows my mind. Thanks for sharing.

Julia said...

Your choice of wool looks yummy. I can almost feel it. Love that little white insulator and it's perfect for the scissors.

Thanks for the rug show. The one with all the people in it must have been quite a challenge to hook. So many tiny details....

Have a great week. I hope it goes fast for you.
Hugs,
Julia

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you had a close up of that ship rug. I wanted to see it close up. I have only seen it in the distance.
My goodness, I wish I had known you were looking for an old insulator.I would have sent you one of mine. I have picked them up for years out here because they were on the old fences. I love your new drawer.
Have a lovely week Lauren.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Another wonderful rug show!!! So much talent!!
The paisley is gorgeous and you will have so much fun using it! Your purchases are lovely and I especially love the little wool applique pattern!! Great finds at the antique mall too, and I know what you mean about time flying by!!! I know you will get it done!!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

woolwoman said...

Thanks Lauren for all the time it took you to photo and post all these great rugs from Sauder. I look forward to it every year. I hope one day to make it up there but who knows ! Amazing, stunning, folky, fabulous, unbelievable talent and creativity - thanks again and have a great week oh and get busy on those show wares Mel

WoolenSails said...

Love seeing all the rugs and love the ocean themed pieces. Looks like you found some great goodies to bring home.

Debbie