Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Withdrawal Symptoms ~

 
It's been two weeks since I've picked up the hook.  ACK. I have been busy with other things but the real problem is that I did not plan ahead and have a project ready to start once I finished the paw print.  I appliqued the Maggie pocket and finally got the binding on two larger rugs.  You know me and my binding issues . . . sigh. 
 
My Barbara Carroll pattern, Here a Chick, started at the 2014 Susan Feller retreat and finished many months ago . . .
 
 
. . . and a pattern by Maggie Bonanomi.
 
 
I used 3" rug binding that I first learned about from Saundra.  I really like the width of the tape but I'm hoping once I give it another good steaming it will lie a little flatter.
 
 
It's not like a don't have many patterns to choose from, but next up on the frame will be this sweet pattern from Terri Lehmer of Red Snapdragon Farm that I just got at the Amish hook in.  She has some wonderful patterns and you can find them here on etsy.  She finished hers as a pillow and I'm hoping you can enlarge the pictures and see the wonderful edge she put on it.
 

 
Tomorrow I'm off to hooking at the library ~ hopefully to start my robin ~ and then Saturday it's off to the Ann Arbor hook in. 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

10 comments:

Kim said...

Good gracious lady, you are always on the go! Like the energizer bunny. Happy hooking.

Kim said...

Forgot to add - beautiful finishes

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Nice rugs!! You are a busy lady! Love reading about all you do!

Trace4J said...

Have a blast. Truly beautiful friend.
Woolie Hugs

acorn hollow said...

I haven't hooked in weeks I need to get going for sure. Now are you retired now? hooking at the library on a week day if so lucky you!
Cathy

Margaret said...

I'm happy for your issues with binding cause that means I get to see your rugs again! Beautiful! I like what you picked to hook next too.

Julia said...

Dear Lauren, hooking is supposed to be a hobby and not a race. I see that you work just to keep hooking. Someone should start an addiction centre for hookers like you and Saundra. hehe. I must be jealous of all your hookin gatherings.

Hugs,
JB

susan hemann said...

love your work! see you tonight!

Saundra said...

I think Julia has a great idea...but we need to invite a hooker who enjoys binding rugs and we will keep them busy.

Saundra

Farm Girl said...

I love looking at all of your rugs. They are just so pretty.
Aw well, you will get to it. Have a great weekend. It must be so nice to be able to go to all of those places.