Monday, April 13, 2015

Amish Country Hook-In ~

 
Maggie Bonanomi was the featured artist at the Amish Country hook in on Saturday.  I'm sure many of you will recognize this rug from her latest book of the same name.
 

 
Here she is in her booth with hubby.
 

A couple of her rugs.  

 
I love this one but I don't believe there is a pattern available for it. 

 
These pics were taken peeking over shoulders.  SO MUCH talent and so much fun to see what others are hooking.




 

 
 

These are Betsy's creations, as in Heavens to Betsy.


I believe this technique is her own and she calls it shagging (but pointed out in England that word has an entirely different meaning).  It really adds depth and texture to the sheep.



Don't you just love Mr. Heavens to Betsy's (aka Eric) shirt?


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'll have more to share in my next post.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

Margaret said...

lol! Such a fun t-shirt! Such eye candy in this post! I love Maggie -- her rugs are just gorgeous! I love seeing everyone's work! I'm a wannabe rug hooker, so I love seeing all this gorgeousness.

NMK said...

Beautiful rugs !

Julia said...

A very eye catching t-shirt from Heaven to Betsy.
I love that Thistle Down Moon rug. Very pretty. So many wonderful rugs. You are so fortunate to attend this Amish Country Hook-in. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Hugs,
JB

Patti said...

Maggie and Harold are such special people - so fun and down to earth! Her creative ideas never end and always inspire! Thanks for sharing!

Farm Girl said...

What lovely rugs!! I bet you had fun. I think every person I have ever wanted to meet was there.
I am so glad you took pictures.

marie said...

Thanks for sharing. Taking a class with Maggie B is on my bucket list (just wish she'd come to my state). Love her stuff and have made many of her wool appliques, but none of her rugs------so far.

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Lucky you to be able to attend and see all the lovely rugs! Maggie's work is some of my favorites. I would love to meet her some day and see her work in person.

Saundra said...

Is that first very primitive cat hooked or standing wool circles? The sheep rug looks like proddy to me. Wonderful show and so much beauty.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Lauren, love those rugs, so many different designs. Cute tshirt, Blessings Francine.

Gayle said...

So much eye candy in this post Lauren! I'm especially intrigued by that rug with all the standing wool circles - hope you can share another picture of the whole thing?

Kim said...

That t shirt is hysterical! Beautiful rugs. You're a lucky girl Lauren

acorn hollow said...

Love to see what others are hooking it always give you so much inspiration.
Cute t shirt
Cathy

moosecraft said...

Beautiful rugs! Maggie has so many designs I'd love to hook... and most of them are in her books that I have... I should start drawing them out already! lol!