Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Start and a Finish ~


Welcome!  I've started new little sampler, the Lydia Tyler Ames Sampler, a design by Lee of Falling Start Primitives.  I had to change the colors a bit since my linen was a bit darker.  It will end up being about 7" x 7".  A fun, quick stitch.  Lee has some great patterns so check her out.


I finished Tin Rooster, a Star Rug Company pattern.  It's about 12" x 25".  I hooked this in only twelve days (two of which were at the retreat at Sauder Village) which is REALLY FAST for me!  I will now add it to my un-finished stack of rugs :)


I can't believe this is post #600 for me!  I never knew I had so much to blather about.  Thank you so much for following along with me and making me feel so welcome on this amazing journey called blogging.  I enjoy it more than you will ever know and I appreciate you taking the time from your busy day to stop by.  I will try to have a give-away soon to celebrate this milestone.
Thank you for stopping by!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

21 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Congrats on your 600th post!

newburyarts said...

*****great work on your rug...this craft is in your hands...now go onto bigger rugs...you can do it!!!

marly said...

Nice looking sampler - great looking hook.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Both the cross stitched piece and the rug looks just fabulous! Congratulations on your 600th post it is such fun stopping by your blog :)

Ronda Walker said...

Congrats on your rug and 600th post. I enjoy reading your blog.

BumbleBeeLane said...

The tin Rooster rug is just wonderful! Congrats on 600! Warm Blessings!~Amy

moosecraft said...

Beautiful stitches and hooking!

Cammie said...

Great job on the rug and stitchery!! Wow 600 posts that is most impressive, I do enjoy reading your blog!
~Cammie~

Jacqueline said...

You are welcome and I enjoy stopping by..

Kim said...

I can't wait for the next 600 posts, starts and finishes!

Primitive Stars said...

Lauren, congrats on your 600 post, great!!!!!!Love your Rooster rug, so beautiful, Hugs Francine.

Dan said...

Love the sampler and the rug! You are very talented!!! It is so much fun to make things for our homes. I hope you have a great day!

~Dan~

woolmaven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
woolmaven said...

Congrats on number 600. I knew you would enjoy hooking this rug. Lets see who gets the binding on first! LOL. Donna

Julia said...

Congratulations Lauren on your 600th post milestone. Wow, another rug to add to your unfinished pile of rugs. Someone has to start having some rug binding parties. So many people have unfinished rugs including me, lol...

Like Kim said, I'm looking forward to the next 600 posts.

Hugs,
JB

Hugs,

Farm Girl said...

Very good on 600 posts! Your chicken rugs is awesome. So will be your new one. I hope you are having a nice week.

Saundra said...

I used to do embroidery but counted cross stitch you can count me out. Those smaller pieces do go fast, maybe you need to hook one just a smidgen bigger than normal so the fun lasts a little longer.

Saundra

jennifer768 said...

Congrats on your 600th post! Love your stitched piece and the rug is beautiful.Hugs,Jen

woolwoman said...

the little sampler is darling Lauren - LOVE the colors on your chicken rug - congrats on a BIG finish - YGG - Mel

Miccosukee said...

Congrats to you for reaching the big 6-0-0! I knew you had it in you. Love the sampler but my hands won't allow me to hold a fine needle any more. Which is why I had to give away all my needlepoint. Hope your Valentine Day was wonderful!
trisha

Ann said...

Lauren, I LOVE your finish on this rug. I need more hours in every day - the things I want to do! Enjoying a long weekend here. ~Ann