Wednesday, November 16, 2011

On the Frame ~



I need to get busy.  Somehow I've got to get three more hooked mats done for Christmas presents.  I'm not sure if that will happen, but I am going to try.  This rooster is based on a doodle by Tonya Benson of Mad Hen Primitives.


I absolutely love the reversible black wool I used for the rooster.  It's not the Wool Studio reversible black (which I love, too!), but a wool I got from Alice quite a few months ago.  I really NEED more of this wool for my stash!  The other wool is the texture I am using around the rooster.


Last night was hooking with Katie (and I forgot to take out the camera!) and tomorrow is hooking at the Farm.  No wonder I'm not getting anything done at home!

Pug Hugs :)
Lauren

11 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Lauren -

I am planning on going to the farm tomorrow as well! Looking forward to seeing you.

:) Liz

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren,Love the rooster! The colors are great!!! Hugs Cheri

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Now that is one cool rooster! Just love the wool you are using :)

Janice said...

Oooooh! Fabulous rooster. I wish he was mine.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wonderful rooster Lauren....but it would be coming from your hook and hand. Don't you just love reversible wools? I'm using a reversible brown/black in my welcome cats rug (remember that one??) and I just want to hoard it....But, hey - with all these hooking get togethers, you should be getting tons of hooking in....(Unless you're like me and run around looking at everyone else's projects and narely pulling a loop in your own...) ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

moosecraft said...

That's an amazing looking rooster! Love it!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Wonderful rooster. I don't think I have any reversible wool...gotta look into that!! Have a good time a hooking!

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

I LOVE it!! I haven't been hooking much lately--my wrist and elbow are still giving me a fit from the injury this summer. Doesn't mean I don't fondle my wool stash and dream!!!

Saundra said...

Loving your rooster rug Lauren. And like the reversible wool you got from Alice too. I do have some reversible wool but not like that. Think I'll write and ask where she got it. You know how the 'Joneses' are......

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! awesome lovely

Logo Designs

The Barn Door said...

Cute! I can't seem to get motivated or find the time to hook :-(