Monday, December 13, 2010

The Big Tree & Special Ornaments ~

I am happy to report that our blizzard with a possible one to two feet of snow has not materialized. We got a few inches of snow with the chance of a bit more, but so far, so good. The temperatures have plummeted and the winds are fierce, so with the wind chill factored in, it is miserable!
Tonight I will share the living room tree that you saw "naked" yesterday. My tree is very eclectic. I have everything from homemade ornaments, a few vintage, lots of Hallmark, ornaments received as gifts, etc. The memories come flooding in while I am hanging them.
Here are some very special ornaments I hang every year made by my sons who are now 31 and 29.





These were made by my dear niece who is now "middle aged". Actually she is a very young 41, but when I turned 40 she told me I was officially middle aged. Sorry, Elise. I won't let you forget that.

This is an ornament made by my Mom. I believe it is bobbin lace.
I have lots more Christmas to share with you in the coming days.
Thank you so much for stopping by :)
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

10 comments:

Kim said...

The tree looks wonderful. I walk down memory lane while I'm hanging ornaments too.

acorn hollow said...

such wonderful memories I just love them. The hard work that went into them as a child. Oh I love your clock!!!!
Cathy

Joanne said...

just beautiful Lauren - isn't it fun dragging out the ornies and just remembering something special here and there!

The Barn Door said...

I love the handmade ornaments! Such special memory's.

Andrea @ That'll Do Farm said...

I love a tree with handmade ornaments that tell a story. The memories do come flooding back as you unpack each one.

BumbleBeeLane said...

The handmade ones are priceless.So much love put into those.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Doris said...

The memories are priceless. The tree is beautiful and so full of those memories. Love your mom's lace - treasure it - we only get one mom!

primitivebettys said...

Your tree is beautiful & the memories are surely treasured. :)

Cathy G. said...

Those handmade ornaments and memories are the best! You are blessed to have each and every one!
That little bird feeder ornament is just the sweetest! I think your kids are artists and should be designing your rugs Lauren! :-))
Stay warm and safe!
Hugs!
Cathy g

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Your tree is beautiful!!! And your special ornaments make it so!

Carmen and the Primcats