Thursday, July 29, 2010

Simple Pleasures ~

~ ~ ~ WELCOME ~ ~ ~
Thursdays are normally "Jake" days so after work I headed over to pick him up. It is so much fun spending time with a five year old. They get such pleasure from the simplest of things. I could hear him giggling in the bathroom and I knew what he was up to. He finds it hysterical to rearrange my band boxes.
Since it was a beautiful day, we headed for the pool. He even talked me in to wearing a bathing suit ~ that doesn't happen often. Then he talked me in to getting in to the water! I am one of those people who go in slowly rather than taking the plunge and getting it over with. It is just so painful that way.
Jake soon be swimming like a fish. He is fearless and can now swim a good ten feet under water. I don't think the goggles keep the water out of his eyes, but he just thinks they are so cool. At five, his dad was already on the local swim team.
Pretending to pout.
Practicing his underwater somersault.
Just having fun :-)
Thanks so much for dropping by. Please come again soon.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

8 comments:

weaverpat said...

Hey, I think the goggles are cool too!
It's great that he so enjoys the water.

I notice there are no pictures of you in the bathing suit!

Cathy G. said...

Those photos are precious! Love that red hair! The pool is certainly the place to be in this kind of weather.........I was wondering too if there would be a picture of you in your bikini! ( They'd have to kill me first before I'd share one of me in a bath. suit LOL!!)
Cathy G

The Eveningstitcher said...

Such sweet pictures! Your little Jake is adorable!! I have a Jake with red hair too..and he is quite the character! I put a swimsuit on for the first time in about 10 years...very scary..but I had so much fun! So happy you enjoyed your afternoon! Bobbie

moosecraft said...

Ahhhhh.... pictures of swimming in a pool!!!! Just what I needed to cool down here this morning! LOL!

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

Lauren--he is adorable!! that red hair-- he looks like quite the little imp!!!

Kim said...

The goggles are very cool. He looks like a little guy who knows how to be styling!
Kim

Jacque. said...

oh, what fun!!!

Sheila said...

What fun! Loved the photos of your yard and the lake, I sure wish I lived by the lake.