Saturday, January 9, 2010

Is it un-decorating~ ~ ~


~ ~ ~ or de-decorating? Whatever it is, I'm tired of it :) Decorations do come down much more quickly than they go up, but with all that has been going on with my Mom (thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers!), it is taking me forever. I got the ornaments off the big tree and now need to haul it up to the attic. That is a real chore. I swear, the tree is losing more needles than a live one. I really need to consider getting a new tree!

Yesterday, Mom was transferred from the hospital to a skilled nursing facility for rehab. Hopefully she can regain some of her strength and perhaps walk a little again. I know the dementia is not going to get any better :(

I'm not making too much progress on the rug I'm hooking for the belated Christmas gift. I am just having a really hard time doing the lettering. I've only done letters one other time and find it very difficult. I'm trying to follow Kris Miller's advice (http://www.spruceridgestudios.blogspot.com/), but it's still not going as well as I had hoped. I'll get through it, just not as quickly as I would have liked. It was also suggested that I reverse hook the letters using a slightly wider cut, but I don't like reverse hooking!

Tonight I have a date with my grandson Jake. We are going to visit my Mom and then go see the Squeakquel Chipmunk movie. He should enjoy that.

Speaking of movies, last night we watched "the Proposal". We thought it was a hoot ~ predictable but enjoyable.

It's trying to snow again, but we haven't gotten nearly as much as was predicted. It is so funny. I live in northern Ohio. It snows in northern Ohio ~ every year ~ but the news channels make it out to be such a big deal. I guess they have nothing better to report.

Well, time to get that tree to the attic.

Thank you for stopping by.

Stay warm!

Pug hugs :)
Lauren

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Good luck with the un-decorating! Does your place look bare now? LOL I got a laugh out of your comment about the news - they do the same thing here - make it out like it's a storm of the century when you get 1/2 inch! Well i guess it's better than having something horrific to report.

Have a good date with your grandson - sounds like fun!

weaverpat said...

Hi Lauren,
Hope you Mom gets to feeling better. I will keep her in my prayers.
Undecorating is certainly faster but not as much fun! And lugging it all to the attic- yuck!
Have a great time at the movies!