Thursday, September 3, 2009

Duchess ~ ~ ~

OH! Blogger is giving me fits tonight. Of course, I am short on time and was going to do a quick post. I should know better...lol! I am about ready to give up! I've accidently deleted pictures, and if I add them again, the order is all wrong and blogger won't let me move them. GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, sorry about my rant. I'll get over it! Fall is in the air here in northern Ohio. (What happened to summer? It can't be September!) Tonight we have the most gorgeous full moon! The last few nights have been crisp ~ great sleeping weather. I would love fall so much more if winter didn't follow it!
This young lady is Duchess. I am pug sitting while her mom and dad are away for a long weekend. She is a tiny little thing, probably 12 or 13 pounds, about 13 years old, one-eyed with a tongue that is always out. The poor dear has problems walking and occasionally loses her balance and falls over. You can't help but love her!
Last night when I put her food in the bowl, Marvin walked over to her bowl and stood there and just growled and growled, and then proceeded to eat all of her food! Not much of a gentleman, is he?
Duchess' mom told me the one thing I needed to know about her was that the very first thing in the morning Duchess needs to go outside to poop and sometimes she doesn't quite make it. So I get up, run downstairs and take her out. Nothing. I take her out again. Nothing. Before work I took her out FOUR times. I came home at lunchtime. Nothing. So now I'm getting a little concerned. After work. Nothing. The concern is now turning to worry. Finally late in the evening I got to stop worrying! She's now sleeping on one end of the couch ~ tongue hanging out and Marvin is on the other end. Without Ohio Pug Rescue, who knows what would have happened to these doll babies!
Hopefully in my next post I can show you the progress I made while riding in the car last weekend. I worked on my penny rug and several punch needle pieces.
Thank you for dropping by. May you all have a safe and fun-filled holiday weekend.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

2 comments:

bittersweet said...

Lauren,
can't wait to see how much you have done on your penny rug. I did finish my pumpkins and crow, it is now a huge pillow. Love doing that needle work, or should say learning how to do it.
Kaye

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kaye ~
I'd LOVE to see a picture of your finished pillow. I'm sure it is gorgeous.
Have a great holiday weekend!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren